Overdose on Ecstasy

Georgina Bartter

 

Ms Bartter tragically died after collapsing at the Harbourlife dance party in Sydney on November 8. It's believed she overdosed on ecstasy after reportedly taking 'one and a half pills' of the drug known as purple speaker.

She later died in St Vincent's Hospital in Darlinghurst from multiple organ failure. 

Speaking on behalf of her parents, Ms Bartter's godfather Simon Braid described her as 'an old soul who loved her family unconditionally.'

Photographs of Ms Bartter shown on screens placed around the church late in the service to a rendition of Crowded House's 'Don't Dream It's Over' painted a picture of a happy, vibrant and much-loved young woman.

Her family and friends wept as they walked behind the coffin carrying their beloved sister, daughter, cousin and niece. A guard of honor was formed by students from Ms Barrter's former school Wenona. 

Ms Bartter's family attended a private burial of the 'bright, bubbly' teenager after the packed Requiem Mass.

The church was overflowing onto the street with mourners - which included dozens of friends, family members and students from Wenona private school, where Ms Bartter attended school.